Are you getting ready to hit the road on your motorcycle? Riding long distances on your bike can be a refreshing experience. And a few safety considerations can go a long way towards promoting a great trip. When planning your road trip, consider the following.
- Protecting your motorcycle: Make sure your bike is in good shape before you leave. That includes any necessary repairs, routine maintenance, an oil change, checking the tire pressure and addressing any other concerns you may have. Remember to deter theft by packing a good bike lock and a well-fitted cover made from a breathable material.
- Planning your pace: Before you leave, plan your route and how many miles you expect to travel each day. This helps you stay on track, especially if your time travel is limited. Plan to take breaks for eating, using the restroom and stretching your legs. And remember, always take a break if you feel tired or overheated, even if it delays your schedule a bit.
- Minding the heat: When traveling through heat, it’s important to stay hydrated. Water backpacks are good for sipping on water between stops. And bring plenty of bottled water for times when you are stopped. Also, wearing a cold neck towel or cooling vest can help prevent overheating.
- Staying connected: While you shouldn’t use your cell phone while driving, it’s great for staying connected while stopped. You can check the weather forecast, reroute your trip as needed and check in with loved ones to let them know your whereabouts. You can also search for local motorcyclist meetups along the way.
- Getting motorcycle insurance: You should already have motorcycle insurance, but it’s a good idea to review you coverage before taking a road trip. Ensure that your policy offers the right amount of coverage to protect you, your bike and others on the road.
We’ve got you covered. Call Coverage Master at (888) 990-6461 for more information on Ohio motorcycle insurance.